Your privacy is important to JustLocal. We are committed to respecting your privacy and the security and confidentiality of your personal data, communications and choices.
3. Privacy Principles Subscribed to by JustLocal
- Collection, collation, processing and disclosure of personal information;
- Processing limitation;
- Purpose specification;
- Further processing limitation;
- Record retention requirements;
- Limitation on disclosure;
- Third party disclosure of personal information;
- Destruction of personal information; and
- Exceptions for statistical purposes.
4. Technologies Deployed in ProJustLocalng JustLocal Services and Collecting Personal Information
The following technologies are deployed in proJustLocalng the Services:
-- 'cookies' allow us to better serve users of the Website when they access the Service, request additional information or participate in various activities posted on our Website. A 'cookie' is a bit of text that is placed on a user's computer hard drive when the Website is visited.
-- 'cookies' may be placed on a user's computer by JustLocal and / or by third parties, which are used to obtain data such as user-name, shopping preferences and web pages or advertisements viewed by the user. When the user revisits our Website, we can recognise him or her by the Internet 'cookie' and customise the users experience accordingly.
-- you, as the user, can set your browser to provide notice whenever a 'cookie' is received, which gives you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it or not. Without 'cookies,' however, you may not be able to take full advantage of all our Website features.
-- JustLocal may collect information about the 'clickstream' of users. This 'clickstream' data contains information on the pages that users came from, the navigational paths they took and the areas of the Website they visited.
-- JustLocal may, from time to time, track such information from inside and outside of our Website. Additionally, we may, from time to time, track and match 'clickstream' data with personal information that you provide to JustLocal in order to deliver content and other offerings such as new services to you.
- Web Beacons
-- certain email that you, as the user, receive from us may contain 'web beacons' which consist of a line of code on our Website that deliver a small graphic image from another website or third party ad server. The 'web beacon' may not be visible as it is generally a 1x1 pixel in size and is designed to blend into the background of a web page. Web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the web beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the web beacon appears, the time the page containing the web beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page and the information in 'cookies' set by a third party. JustLocal may use 'web beacons' for activities such as monitoring the effectiveness of ad banners on our Website and in the email sent to you, the user.
5. Security of Personal Information Collected and Processed
Information protection is strongest when the information remains in the possession of the data subject as owner of the information. You, as the user and data subject, are requested to carefully consider the nature and risk of submitting personal information before doing so. To comply with law and in line with international standards and best practice JustLocal commits itself to exercising all reasonable diligence, care and skill in processing personal information through the use of technical, administrative and physical controls.
6. Personal Information Collected and Processed
JustLocal collects the following personal information:
- Information you choose to provide in order to access the Service;
- Information, such as your IP address and location, which is necessary to provide, customize and/or improve our services to you and to market and promote other services to you;
- Information you choose to provide through the 'contact us' and 'support' facilities;
- Information you provide in communications such as email and when calling our customer care centre;
- Information you provide to our business partners and service providers;
- Information about you, such as your demographics and lifestyle, from other sources;
- Information collected through the use of common internet technologies such as 'cookies', 'clickstream' and 'web beacons' on our Website and emails; and
- Two resources of personal information are collected and processed technologically during your visit to the Website. Some information is transient and stored only for the purpose of current transactions such as payments and then deleted. Some information is persistent and stored for periods beyond the current transaction such as data from multiple transactions accumulated over time and retrieved when needed to enhance your experience and improve our services.
7. Uses and Sharing of Personal Information
Personal information, such as names, email addresses, IP addresses, your location and mobile telephone numbers, collected through our Website, by email and submitted by you, as the user, to JustLocal is necessary for the following:
- To provide, customize and/or improve our services to you;
- To respond to your requests for services;
- To respond to your requests for information;
- The marketing and promotion of JustLocal and other entities' services that we believe you may find of interest;
- For the statistical analysis of users' behaviour and for feedback purposes;
- For service development or the enhancement thereof;
- To customise and improve the Content and layout of our Website;
- For internal purposes, such as the administration and operation of our Website; and
- For compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures.
Please note that unless we have asked for and obtained your explicit consent, we do not share your personal information with third party marketers.
We will use the personal information you, as the user, submit to us only for purposes consistent with the reason you submit it to us in the first place or, with your further permission, for other purposes.
When we provide your personal information to other companies on a temporary basis, in order for them to provide services to JustLocal, we require these other companies to protect your personal information in the same manner as JustLocal does. These third party service providers cannot use personal information for any purpose other than the reason you provided it to JustLocal.
In addition, the information you, as the user, provide us with is also used and shared with the following:
- Permanent or temporary staff and part-time contractors in the performance of their duties;
- Various third parties such as contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers and partners in the sourcing, supply and provision of services;
- Other service providers websites to which the JustLocal Website may link;
- Data analysis and market research to provide better services;
- Backup, archiving, business continuity and disaster recovery purposes;
- Information communication technology service and infrastructure providers that enable and facilitate wireless application services and the free flow of information; and
- Routine and non-routine internal and external requests, including court orders and law enforcement investigations.
You, as the user, have the right to make choices as to what is done with your personal information. Sometimes, your choices are made in the form of content such as online purchases, subscribing to services, registration or opting in or opting out of receiving communications or marketing material.
Once you, as the user, have submitted information to us and requested that we communicate with or market to you, you may at any time thereafter choose to opt out of further contact with us.
Personal information submitted by you is kept for as long as the purpose for which you furnished it to us exists or for the further retention periods specified in law.
9. Access to Your Personal information
You, as the user, may access the personal information that we hold about you.
You can ask us to correct any errors or delete information we have about you.
To protect your privacy, the privacy of others and to ensure the integrity of our business information we may have to verify your identity before we allow access to or change the information that we have about you, as the user.
Access to your personal information by JustLocal's staff and third parties is limited and restricted by JustLocal through training, administrative, technical and physical controls.
All access to your personal information must comply with JustLocal's policy relating to the protection of personal information.
10. Important Information
JustLocal processes personal information, some of which flows to and from other legal jurisdictions. Please be aware that there may be implications in terms of the specific legal requirements and other legal jurisdictions that may, depending upon the actual location of personal information, be relevant or become relevant. JustLocal seeks to comply with complex technical and legal issues wherever possible, but users should be aware that international law and certain aspects of technology restrict our control in some respects.
As personal information is most safe, when under the control of its owners, you as the user, are cautioned to give careful consideration to the personal information you choose to disclose.
11. Limits on expectation of privacy
To comply with law and in line with international standards and best practice relating to the use of information technology in its business activities, JustLocal monitors and intercepts live communications such as email and website activity in compliance with of the Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication-related Information Act, 70 of 2002.
Subject to the provisions of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 25 of 2002, international privacy principles and, where necessary and if required by law, JustLocal will also access static data created, received, communicated and stored by JustLocal as part of JustLocal's Website services.
12. How to Complain
If you have a complaint, are concerned about your personal information or wish to report any malicious activity such as spamming, phishing and the like, please submit your complaints using the contact details provided in the Terms and Conditions of the JustLocal Service.